Autism Teaching Assistant
Autism Teaching Assistant
Job title: ASC (Autism) Teaching Assistant
Pay rate: £80-£90 p/d
Hours: Monday to Friday - 8:30 to 3:30
Start date: ASAP
End date: Ongoing
We are working with a SEN school in Bristol who are currently seeking a Learning Support Assistant to work with Primary aged students who have Autism. This position will be starting ASAP within one of the schools Autism classes and most likely running for the entire academic year. The school is a specialist provision catering for pupils with ASC and SEMH (EBD) and they require this Teaching Assistant to have experience of supporting children or young adults with Autism.
Experience supporting primary aged pupils.
Special Educational Needs Experience in a care or school setting
Understanding and experience of supporting/teaching young people with Autism
Training in Learning Support.
As a Learning Support Assistant you will be expected:
To provide engaging and empathetic educational support to pupils
To assist the teacher by supporting the lessons
To have understanding/knowledge of special needs or a keen interest in helping vulnerable pupils
To aid learning and emotional well-being
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- An 'Introduction to being a Teaching Assistant' training session that is run at our offices in Bristol every 4 weeks to help prepare you for a Teaching Assistant role before you start. Free to attend
- Your income matters; we will always seek to get you the highest rate of pay and will provide you with the best possible advice
- Your development matters; we offer our people free access to over 2,500 CPD courses, webinars and resources via the incredible National College
- Your flexibility matters; we tailor the working week to you - daily supply, long-term contracts and permanent positions all available, all local to you
- Your wellbeing matters; we put people at the heart of everything we do and are proudly a Sunday Times Top 100 employer for 4 years running
- We pride ourselves on our exceptional service to our candidates and are proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
Click 'Apply now' and attach your CV to be considered for this great position as an Autism Teaching Assistant within a SEN school. Or for more information about the role, contact Tom Townley on 0117 301 7578 / firstname.lastname@example.org #BRITA
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.