Behaviour Mentor - June 2021 - Harrow
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you a great Behaviour Mentor looking for your next role in a SEMH setting in Harrow?
Tradewind Recruitment is currently looking for a Behaviour Mentor to work in a highly regarded Alternative Provision in Harrow, North-West London working with secondary aged pupils. The role starts ASAP and would be for rest of the year at a daily rate between £70 and £90 per day.
The Alternative Provision in Harrow specialises in working with secondary aged pupils with SEMH pupils who have been permanently excluded from mainstream settings. The school is part of a group of 3 schools and as such all staff benefit from the shared learning and training throughout all sites to enable you to become an excellent SEMH practitioner. Their main need will usually be challenging behaviour due to Social, Emotional or Mental Health Difficulties (SEMH). Many children will also have additional needs including autism (ASD), Speech, Language or Communication difficulties, ADHD or sensory issues.
The school has small class sizes of between 4 and 6 pupils and are looking for a Behaviour Mentor to work with KS3 and KS4 pupils with an aim of getting them back into a mainstream setting as they progress into secondary education. To be successful in this role as a Behaviour Mentor, you must have a passion for supporting young people with their goals and achievements, be nurturing and have a calming nature.
This Alternative Provision is based in Harrow, North-West London and has on-site parking for those who have access to a car. It is also accessible by bus, the Jubilee Line, Northern Line and the Overground.
The Teaching Assistant we require should have:
- Experience supporting young people with challenging behaviour and/or SEMH
- Previous Teaching Assistant or Learning Support Assistant experience within a school environment.
- Team Teach or positive restraint training is preferred but not essential
- Open-minded, positive and friendly approach.
- A therapeutic or counselling background would be useful.
- The legal right to work in the UK.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will be required to:
- Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions
- Help to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
- Working with key pupils to help develop their personal plans and aspirations
- Supporting pupils to develop crucial life skills to help them thrive.
- You will be well organised, have good planning skills, have experience of working with children and young people using a behavioural approach, a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Above all, you will also need the physical and emotional resilience to work with young people who often present behaviours that challenge.
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as Behaviour Mentor in Harrow, North-West London. Or for more information about the role, contact Alisha Sparks on 0207 845 5450 / OPTION 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.