Are you wanting to work in the education sector but not sure how to get started?
Are you thinking about going into teaching but would like to have a taster session first?
If so, Tradewind Recruitment can help you.
We work alongside secondary schools in the Liverpool area who require Cover Supervisors to provide classroom cover in the absence of the class teacher. This role will give you the perfect insight to a day in the life of a teacher.
As a Cover Supervisor, you will be expected to deliver work set by class teacher or department, independently manage pupil behaviour and follow the expectations of the school. You will be covering classes with pupils aged 11-16 years old, so you will need confidence, resilience and enthusiasm. Our partner schools in Liverpool are all diverse and fun environments. These Cover Supervisor roles will be in various secondary schools in Liverpool will be on a flexible basis, allowing you to work whenever you want! This role will also assist you with any future applications for education-based career moves.
All our current roles will be commencing when the schools re-open and will be on an ad-hoc day to day basis. Some roles have the potential to go permanent for the right candidate.
The ideal Cover Supervisor will:
- Be a graduate (desirable)
- Have experience as a Cover Supervisor or in a similar role
- Have any work experience in any position of responsibility (Coach/Mentor/Care
Worker/Tutor/Prison staff/ex Military/Police/Security)
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to use your own initiative and think on your feet
- Be able to quickly build effective and positive relationships with pupils
To join Tradewind Recruitment as a Cover Supervisor, you will need
- An Enhanced DBS Disclosure Certificate, which is on the update service or be willing to
apply for one (costs refunded after completion of 20 days work)
- An overseas police clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV to cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment
breaks must be explained
- To have the legal right to work in the UK
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we
can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to
be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident,
increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
A cover supervisor is a very rewarding role and one that is an integral part of school life. If you would like further information on this role in the Liverpool area, please contact Lizzie at Tradewind on 0151 221 9666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.