Are you wanting to work in the education sector but not sure how to get started?
Are you thinking about going into teaching but would like to have a taster session first? If so, Tradewind Recruitment can help you.
Tradewind Recruitment work alongside secondary schools in Wirral who will require Cover Supervisors to provide classroom cover in the absence of the class teacher. This role will give you the perfect insight to a day in the life of a teacher.
As a Cover Supervisor, you will be expected to deliver work set by class teacher or department, independently manage pupil behaviour and follow the expectations of the school. You will be covering classes with pupils aged 11-16 years old, so you will need confidence, resilience and enthusiasm. Our schools in Wirral are all welcoming, supportive and fun environments. These Cover Supervisor roles will be in various secondary schools across Wirral and will be on a flexible basis, allowing you to work which ever days suits you best! This role will also assist you with any future applications for education based career moves.
All our current roles will be commencing when the schools re-open and will be on an ad-hoc day to day basis. Some roles have the potential to go permanent for the right candidate but predominately will be on a day to day basis to meet the requirements of our schools.
The ideal Cover Supervisor will:
- Be a graduate (desirable)
- Have experience as a Cover Supervisor or in a similar role
- Have any work experience in any position of responsibility (Coach/Mentor/Care Worker/Tutor/Prison staff/ex Military/Police/Security)
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to use your own initiative and think on your feet
- Be able to quickly build effective and positive relationships with pupils
- Be a resilient and confident individual who can adapt to change
To join Tradewind Recruitment as a Cover Supervisor, you will need
- An Enhanced DBS Disclosure Certificate, which is on the update service or be willing to apply for one (costs refunded after completion of 20 days work)
- An overseas police clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV to cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- To have the legal right to work in the UK
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Simply click "apply" to be considered for this role. Alternatively, call 0151 221 9666 for a confidential discussion.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most. Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.