Design and Technology Teacher
Design and Technology Teacher
This role will entail teaching Resistant Materials to all Key Stages, with the opportunity to offer another subject under the DT umbrella is desired. The school has a large and collaborative DT department, where you will be well-supported as a new member of staff, and Resistant Materials enjoys popularity among the students, with good uptake at GCSE and A-Level.
The school is seeking a teacher who will:
* Be an strong practitioner who will contribute to raising standards of teaching and learning within the department
* Model safe practice in the workshop and prioritise students' safety at all times
* Be committed to raising students' interest in DT and supporting them to develop a range of practical skills
* Work collaboratively as part of a long-standing and supportive staff team
This school is part of a local academy trust offering an excellent standard of CPD and training for new starters across their linked sites, and they pride themselves on a strong sense of community where staff, students and parents work together to support learning. The school offers outstanding facilities, having recently completed an £18m rebuild, offering students some of the best learning spaces in the country- this including a large sports centre with free usage for staff and a new Design and Technology Centre.
Located in East Herts and attracting the London Fringe bonus, the school is easily accessible from the M25 and has good public transport links to Hertford, Broxbourne and Cheshunt, as well as free onsite parking for staff.
In order to be considered for this Design and Technology Teacher position you will need:
* QTS status or equivalent (overseas teachers will be considered with appropriate NARIC certification)
* Enhanced DBS or Overseas Police Checks if necessary
* An updated CV, covering the last 10 years of employment, with 2 recent references
* A legal right to work in the UK (We are not able to offer sponsorship for this role)
Click Apply now to be considered for this opportunity to teach Design and Technology at this progressive Hertfordshire school or for more information about the role please call Danny on 01727236255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer -
stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.