EAL Teaching Assistant
EAL Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant, Nelson
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you an organised EAL Primary Teaching Assistant looking for your next role in the Nelson area?
Tradewind are currently recruiting for a hardworking and experienced EAL teaching assistant to work in a school in Nelson. The role is a temporary role starting in March 2021 until end of the academic year.
This 1-form entry Church of England Primary School prides itself on the exceptional behaviour of the children and is passionate about providing children with the skills and enthusiasm for Secondary School. They provide a safe, happy and well-disciplined learning environment and have a supportive SLT. The school make a positive contribution to life within the local community. This Primary school caters for approx. 180 pupils across ages 4-11 and has a very nurturing environment.
This Primary School is looking for someone to join their committed, passionate, and supportive team working 1-1 with a year 6 child with EAL, global delay and very challenging behaviour. The students first language is Romanian and currently speaks no English. This outstanding primary school are looking for a member of staff who is passionate about supporting children. The school is extremely welcoming, and the staff work effectively together and with other schools in the area.
The Headteacher provides clear leadership. She has high ambitions for the school and equally high expectations of all staff. Teamwork is strong across the school and everybody works together. The school has strong links with parents, carers, the community and the local catholic church. Behaviour in the school is good, and students are respectful of each other and of the adults in the school. The staff all work together to provide a caring, nurturing environment in which their learners will be supported to achieve their potential.
The school is based in the Nelson area and has excellent motorway links and is easily accessible by public transport with a bus stop within a 5-minute walk from school.
This primary school is looking for a confident, friendly and flexible EAL Teaching Assistant to work 1-1 with a year 6 boy with English as an additional language, he also has challenging behaviour and global delay. The successful candidate would ideally speak Romanian, must have excellent behaviour management, a good knowledge of the National Curriculum and have prior experience of supporting SEN children. The role itself will involve working within the school's year 6 class.
To join us and be successful in this Teaching Assistant role you will need to:
- Hold a L3 Teaching Assistant or equivalent qualification
- EAL and SENExperience
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
By registering with Tradewind Preston, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than out next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so your fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a EAL Teaching Assistant in Nelson or for more information about the role, contact Chrissie on 01772 977333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£63.51 - £73.51 per day + +Over 35 Accredited CPD Courses
£70.00 - £80.00 per day + +Over 35 accredited CPD courses
£63.51 - £73.51 per day + +Over 30 Accredited CPD courses
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.