Tradewind Recruitment are currently looking for a hardworking, dynamic, ambitious (KS3 - KS4) English Teacher to join an oversubscribed, large Girls school in Kent from 3rd March.
This is a long-term role replacing a full time, permanent teacher. So a full time replacement would be ideal although a 3 day timetable could also work for the right person (Monday - Wednesday).The role will consist of mainly marking work rather than teaching.
The school is in Outer London and the salary will be to scale (+ possible TLR) dependant on your experience and suitability.
Teachers at this secondary school strive at all times to enable students to make excellent progress in their studies and are proud of their achievements.
The school's curriculum offers students a wide mix of academic and practical opportunities.
We are looking for:
· This OFSTED rated 'good' secondary school are looking for an English Teacher who can teach KS3-4 and who has excellent subject knowledge
· A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout their role
· A collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through inventive approaches including curriculum design and the use of ICT
· The school want to meet an English teacher who potentially would like to take on a more permanent assignment next year with greater responsibilities.
The role: Teaching a range of English over a varied timetable and across different Key Stages and abilities.
Location: The school in Sutton is easily accessible by Rail or Car and parking is available on site.
The school offers:
Teachers at this school benefit from working a dedicated team of professionals. You will also have your own laptop and access to outstanding lesson plans and resources. Staff and students work together in pleasant surroundings and the English Department is in a newly built part of the school which also houses a new Library, Sports centre and Science department.
As an English Teacher, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations, plus:
· A well-equipped English department with interactive white boards and access to new technologies.
· A comprehensive induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities for all staff
To join us and be successful in this English Teacher role you will need to:
- Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification
- Have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Have a CV that covers the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
For more information about the role, please contact Jade Heatley on 0207 845 5450 / Jade.Heatley@twrecruitment.com We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.