Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant - Hillingdon
Are you a recent English Graduate who is passionate about education, who is considering a career in teaching? Are you looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant opportunity where you can gain practical classroom experience before applying for Teacher Training? If so, this could be the opportunity you have been searching for!
Tradewind Recruitment is working with an inclusive, progressive Secondary School in Hillingdon who are seeking an English Specialist Teaching Assistant to join their Teaching and Learning Team. This is a full time, long term opportunity that will commence in Term 3 and run until the end of the academic year in the first instance. This opportunity will pay between £70 and £80 per day based on experience. This role is particularly well suited for an aspiring English Teaching keen to further their classroom skills and knowledge.
About the role - Graduate Teaching Assistant - Hillingdon:
- This role will see you working with key students who have special educational needs or other barriers to their learning
- Working alongside class teachers, you will engage, motivate and encourage students to participate in their classes to the best of the ability to reach their full potential
- This position will also offer the additional responsibility of being a form tutor to a group of 25-30 students
- You will teach social skills to your form class; create own lessons about stereotypes; discipline, labelling, gender roles, working environment etc
- There will also be the opportunity to run afterschool tuition for all students in need
- You will work closely with all subject teachers; identifying issues students had and creating solutions
About the candidate - Graduate Teaching Assistant - Hillingdon:
- The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor's Degree in any English subject.
- This position would particularly suit an aspiring English Teacher
- You will be a hardworking, dedicated and motivated individual who is friendly, approachable and patient.
- A graduate who has experience working with children such as tutoring, youth work or mentoring would particularly suit this position. Prior experience is not strictly essential as all training will be provided.
Serviced by the Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines and local buses, this school is easily accessible from all areas of North, West and Central London and bordering Home Counties. Parking is available for those who drive.
Click 'Apply' to be considered for this exceptional opportunity as an English Teaching Assistant in Hillingdon. Or for more information about the role, please call, or send your CV to Caitlin; 0207 845 5450 option 2 / Caitlin.Cranwell@twrecruitment.com
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.