Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant
This school regularly puts its teaching assistants into teacher training, and now needs four new staff to replace those who are now going on to train- CPD and career progression is a priority here and thus their staff retention and satisfaction is excellent. The school is a two-form-entry junior school, graded 'Outstanding' in all areas by Ofsted, and caters for pupils from year 3 - 6, offering a friendly and supportive environment to staff and students.
The school have two therapy dogs who have formed a special bond with the children. The children enjoy playing with them, reading with them and go to them for comfort when they are feeling sad.
As a trainee at the school, you will be provided with a personalised training programme that will enable you to develop your knowledge and understanding of how to teach and how to enhance your classroom practice. The successful development of these key attributes over the course of the year will lead to QTS being awarded, with the possibility of attaining the PGCE as an additional academic qualified.
About the role:
- Two-form entry "Outstanding" junior school
- Tranquil rural location with excellent community links
- Working with small groups and 1:1
- Full time, September start
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a relevant education degree
- Be a quick and proactive learner who is keen to upskill
- Be interested in a long term school career
- Hold English and Maths to GCSE level
* This Teaching Assistant position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can
* offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact!
* That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
If you would like to apply for this opportunity then please contact Georgia at Tradewind on 01727 236255 or email an up to date CV to email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
£80 - £140 per day
£140 - £180 per day
Tower Hamlets, London
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.