Tradewind are currently looking for a strong History teacher join a lovely secondary school in Swindon. This role will be starting in November (preferably) until Christmas with a view of extending until Easter 2021. This role would be on a part-time basis on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and would be teaching history to years 10'2 & 11's. This is a light timetable and so general cover will also be expected by the successful candidate to make up the full day. No planning and marking is required but this may be asked of from January to Easter. Pay is negotiable but will depend on the agreement regarding duties involved.
We are looking for:
* This secondary school is looking for an experienced History teacher to start ASAP (now or January) on a full-time basis until Easter. After this there will likely be more supply work at the school if you want to stay on.
* Someone who can teach this subject to KS4 and can plan, prep and mark.
* A committed member of staff who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout their role.
* Ability to engage their students in their learning.
* Commitment to the school and their students.
This school is in North Swindon, which is accessible by car and public transport. The school can offer parking on the school grounds but there is also plenty of on street parking.
The school is a lovely big new build, which offers fantastic facilities for all their teachers. The staff at this school are very helpful and supportive which creates a peaceful atmosphere.
As a History Teacher, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations.
In return, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay.
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That is 18 more than our next nearest competitor.
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend earn vouchers.
* Full interview preparation and assistant - so you are fully prepped and confident increasing your chances of success!
* Help with lesson planning - our support does not stop once we have secured you a placement.
* Online portal for your timesheets and log your availability.
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants.
To join us and be successful in this History Teacher Role you will need:
* To hold QTS or equivalent teaching qualification.
* This position is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and profession reference checks - At least 2!
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks should be noted.
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Click 'apply now' to be considered for this great position as a History Teacher in Swindon. If you would like to hear more information about the role, please contact Michele Withers on 0117 301 7578 / Michelle.Withers@twrecruitment.com.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. As a Tradewind employee, you'll have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.