Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant
Tradewind are recruiting!
On behalf of one of our client Special Educational Needs schools in St. Helens, we are on the lookout for a Learning Support Assistant to start on June 8th, 2021. This position will be a full-time, ongoing temporary role. The successful candidate will need to hold at least Level 2 (or equivalent) Teaching Assistant qualification alongside experience of working with children with SEN.
You will be joining an 'Outstanding' rated Ofsted school where they have created an environment where pupils and students thrive. Staff are proud to work at the school and they actively encourage pupils to master new skills and they work tirelessly to ensure that they can meet the individual needs of pupils and students. A flexible curriculum enables students to have lessons and activities tailored to their individual interests and abilities. Environmental education is embedded within the school and they provide inclusive opportunities for individuals and groups of learners through developing successful partnerships with mainstream providers. The St. Helens school plays an active role with local schools, promoting friendship, advocacy and mentoring within the local community, enhancing well-being.
The successful candidate will be:
- Resilient and positive, showing initiative and flexibility;
- Be able to work as part of a team under the direction of the class teacher;
- Confident with supporting children with additional needs;
- Firm, consistent and fun;
- Approachable, patient and understanding;
- Team Teach trained
- Experience with Makaton and PECs
- Experience working with challenging behaviour
- Can provide personal care
To be considered you must:
- Hold at least Level 2 (or equivalent) Teaching Assistant qualification
- This position is subject to Enhanced DBS, Overseas police check (if applicable) and satisfactory references;
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any gaps in employment must be explained;
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
Please click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this Learning Support Assistant role in St. Helens.
1. As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
2. We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
3. Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
4. More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
5. Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.