Learning Support Assistant - Primary Autism
Learning Support Assistant - Primary Autism
Primary ASC LSA
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you a teaching assistant or support worker with SEN experience, looking for your next role as a Learning support in a school setting? This fantastic opportunity is full-time and starts after Easter ( April 2021)
School is within reach of public transport in Bristol and would be easily reachable through buses across the city, especially Patchway and Pill area.
- A strong understanding of students' learning needs in Primary ages
- Ability to support the student both academically and emotionally in a calm manner, adhere to safeguarding and behavioural policies at all times, and show adherence to professional boundaries.
- Previous Autism experience is necessary particularly teaching students with severe challenging behavior and traits of Autism. (The school will consider candidates with strong care background)
- Use of Positive behaviour management is necessary but training can be provided
- A collaborative and driven individual who will be able to work closely with the teacher, SENCO and other Education professionals in and out of the school.
- Ability to manage challenging behaviour and de-escalate appropriately.
Location: South Glos
In return, you will have the advantage of working for an established school where there is lots of support and very experienced learning support and BST.
You will gain great amount of knowledge about teaching and supporting young people with complex needs and reporting on behavioural changes.
You will be considered for career development opportunities and the position is highly likely to continue if not become permanent in September 2021.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Teaching position you will need to:
Have Special needs experience. Previous experience of supporting young people with Autism and primary phases is necessary.
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position Or for more information about the role, contact Ross Churn on 01173017578 email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.