Primary Teacher - Year 5/6 Intervention Teacher - Stockport
Primary Teacher - Year 5/6 Intervention Teacher - Stockport
Are you a motivated teacher seeking a new and exciting challenge? Are you committed to finding solutions which result in accelerated pupil progress?
A fantastic opportunity has presented to work as a full time Year 5/6 intervention teacher in a 'Good' two-form entry school in Stockport. This full-time role will commence April 2021 and will run until the end of the academic year. The school would like to appoint a dynamic professional with KS2 experience and proven success achieving rapid progress and will pay a competitive salary that reflects your suitability and experience. Unfortunately, on this occasion, the school are not able to consider applications from NQT's.
About the Role:
As the Year 5/6 intervention teacher, you will be responsible for the progress of approximately 20 pupils. These pupils are working below expectations so you will be required to plan effective lessons that engage all pupils, consolidate prior concepts and raise levels of attainment. The school is specifically looking for an effective team player who can communicate well with colleagues. The successful candidate will be expected to keep up-to-date records of progress and provide regular feedback to class teachers to inform future planning.
To be successful in this Year 5/6 intervention role, your responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Attain the highest standards of teaching and learning for a group of Year 5 and 6 pupils and plan engaging activities that consolidate and build on prior knowledge
- Build a positive rapport with all pupils based on trust and mutual respect and encourage a sense of ownership and accountability of learning
- Ensure activities align with National Curriculum Standards and assess progress against age related expectations
- Keep up-to-date records of progress and provide both verbal and written feedback to address misconceptions, consolidate learning or further challenge pupils
- Be an effective communicator and liaise with class teachers to report on individual pupil progress and analyse this data to inform future planning and improve educational outcomes
- Monitor pupils personal, social and emotional well-being.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a school which is driven by a strong leadership team who work together to achieve desired goals. The latest OFSTED report highlighted 'Good' school wide behaviour and the school has formed strong relationships with local families in the area who are proud to have their children educated at this school. You will be joining a cohesive and committed team who are supportive of one another, dedicated to their role as individuals and work hard to make school-life a successful experience for all involved.
- You must hold QTS status or an equivalent teaching qualification.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
The school is based in central Stockport with excellent public transport links nearby and benefits from a large, secure carpark which can be utilised by all members of staff.
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 35 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A generous referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To apply for this fantastic part-time opportunity as a Year 5/6 Teache in Stockport, or hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Tradewind, please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email Charlotte.email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£131 - £185 per day
Trafford, Greater Manchester
£125 - £185 per day
Tameside, Greater Manchester
£85.00 - £180.00 per day + +Over 30 Accredited CPD Courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.