Tradewind Recruitment are working with a lovely Secondary School in Camden who are seeking a Science Technician to join their team within the fast paced and encouraging Science Department. This position will see you work alongside another Science Technician and a Senior Science Technician and will be offered on a full time (35 hours per week) long term basis, commencing in September and running until December in the first instance.
As a Science Technician you will be supporting the smooth running of the Science laboratories through GCSE to A Level. Your responsibilities will include:
* Setting up and packing up practical lessons
* Safely storing and disposing of hazardous material
* Maintaining an orderly stock room
* Confident in upholding current safety standards
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate who is confident with laboratory practices. Prior experience within a laboratory setting (such as throughout your scientific undergraduate degree) is essential. The successful candidate will:
* Hold a 2:1 minimum Scientific Degree and strong A-Levels.
* Strong curriculum knowledge in Physics, Biology and Chemistry is preferred but not strictly essential.
* Be an excellent communicator who is well spoken, engaging and can work well in a team setting as well as build rapport with students and staff alike
Click 'Apply' to be considered for this exceptional opportunity as a Science Technician in Camden. Or for more information about the role, please call, or send your CV to Caitlin; 0207 845 5450 option 2 / Caitlin.Cranwell@twrecruitment.com
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
· We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
· We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
· Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
· Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
· Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
· Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
· Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Science Technician role in Camden you will need to:
· Hold a Bachelors degree in Science
· This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
· Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
· You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most. Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.