Secondary Tutors Required!
Secondary Tutors Required!
Due to the recent pandemic, we are working with several mainstream secondary schools in the Gloucester who are expecting to require additional support with 1:1 tutoring of their students. These students would have lost many weeks of learning and have naturally fallen behind due to this. It is imperative that these students get the additional support they need to catch up and so we will be requiring tutors to work on short term and long term placements to assist with this.
The tutoring work will involve working on a 1:1 basis with various students of mixed ability. Some will be high achievers and some may have special educational needs. Due to this we are looking for diverse individuals who can engage students of all abilities and build strong and trusting relationships quickly.
This role will involve working with students aged between 11 and 16, and could suit a qualified teacher looking for a different challenge, or online tutors who are looking for a step in to a classroom environment! We will also consider and welcome applications from degree qualified individuals who are confident to support young people in the classroom. Previous experience working with young people in some shape or form is essential.
We have secured new contracts with schools and academies around the Gloucester area and this next academic year looks to be even busier than the last. We are looking to appoint a large number of Tutors to work on a supply basis with a view of securing longer-term contracts for those who are interested. We can be flexible in offering you between 2-5 days work per week to suit your needs. We work around you! This may suit someone who is a part time student, a mum returning to work or perhaps someone who is semi retired and looking to keep active within an educational setting!
We look after our staff and listen to their requirements! You will have a dedicated consultant to support you 24/7. We pay our staff fairly and work on their behalf to secure the highest pay-rates possible. We also have a 95% retainment rate for the schools we work with ensuring the work continues to flood in!
We are looking for:
* Teachers who hold qualified teaching status (QTS) or equivalent.
* Support staff with an NVQ Level 2 or higher
* Degree qualified individuals with proven experience of working with young people
* FE qualified teachers and online Tutors
* Someone with excellent curriculum or subject knowledge & strong behaviour management skills
* An inspirational and enthusiastic individual with high organisational skills
* Someone who is an excellent role model and who actively promotes the skills, attributes and behaviours important in a classroom
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in these Tutor roles you will need to:
* Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification / NVQ Level 2/ Degree or equivalent qualification
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this Tutoring position, or for more information about the roles we have on offer, contact Michelle on 0117 301 7578 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. As a Tradewind employee you'll have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.