SEMH Teaching Assistant
SEMH Teaching Assistant
Tradewind are recruiting for a Secondary Teaching Assistant for a full time and long term role at an SEMH school starting in March in Rochdale.
Do you have previous experience as a Teaching Assistant or Youth Worker?
Have you supported young people with challenging behaviours or Social, Emotional & Mental Health difficulties (SEMH)?
The role is working as a Teaching Assistant at a secondary SEMH school in the Rochdale area. You will be supporting young people in small groups or on a 1:1 basis. You will need to provide academic, pastoral and behaviour support.
The provision is rated GOOD by Ofsted in all areas. They have a strong vision on what they want to achieve and this is shared by management and staff. Staff are cared for and nurtured in what can sometimes be a challenging environment. There are strong relationships between staff and pupils and pupils are made to feel welcome from the moment they arrive. The schools caters for young people at KS3 and 4.
Young people have a range of needs including SEMH and associated difficulties such as ADHD, ODD, autism, attachment disorder and other challenging behaviours. They can often display physical or verbal aggression so any teaching assistant will need to have strong behaviour management skills and need to be resilient to challenging situations. You will need to act as a trusted adult and positive role model while providing consistent boundaries.
Many of the pupils come from vulnerable backgrounds and so this is a fantastic opportunity to really help and support those who need it most.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.