SEN Learning Support Assistant
SEN Learning Support Assistant
Tradewind Manchester is currently looking for an enthusiastic and passionate SEN Learning Support Assistant, to join an outstanding and successful school in Oldham, to start in September 2020. This is a full time, long-term role, with the potential of a permanent contract, paying up to £75 a day.
To join us and be successful in this Learning Support Assistant role, you will need to:
* Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
* Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
About the school
We are recruiting for an SEN Learning Support Assistant on behalf of a Special School, which caters for students from 11 -19 years old. This is an OFSTED, 'Outstanding' school which caters for children with severe learning difficulties, autism and profound and multiple learning difficulties including complex medical needs. The school has excellent facilities in a purpose-built site. These include specialist rooms including Food Technology, Art/Design and Technology, Science, Life Skills, a Sensory Theatre and Music and Drama Room. All of these areas provide exciting opportunities for our students.
The school is based in Oldham, with excellent public transport links and ample parking available.
About the role
This Special School is looking for an SEN Learning Support Assistant who can provide 1-1 support for a new child to the school. You must be a committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in learning throughout the role. You will need to be a collaborative and driven individual who will support the teacher on the delivery of subjects and curriculum.
The role itself will involve supporting a child with profound and multiple learning difficulties under the teacher's direction, helping with the delivery of their curriculum. The successful Teaching Assistant will be required to help the student to make progress using Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) and being Team Teach trained would be beneficial.
To be considered for this position please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 40 to be exact! That's 30 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind, you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.