Are you a caring, patient and inclusive Teacher?
Have you taught groups of young people with SEN before?
Tradewind are recruiting for a SEN Teacher to start on March 8th on a full time and long term basis with potential to turn in to a permanent contract. Pay up to £145/day.
This is a SEN Teacher role for someone with significant experience teaching young people with Complex or Profound Needs working at P-Levels and the EYFS. You will be required to plan and deliver lessons, monitor progress, write reports and differentiate your work to the individual needs of each pupil. You will need to work closely with your TA's and school management as well as outside agencies. Due to the levels of the pupils you will need lots of strategies & lessons in your tool box to promote engagement and progress on a sensory, communication, social, behavioural and academic basis.
The school is a large special school in the Stockport area that caters for young people with low functioning autism, Complex Needs and PMLD. Pupils are aged 11-25. Each class has no more than 8 young people however they could be at varying ages and levels. The school is rated GOOD by Ofsted and they have high expectations of what their pupils can achieve. They are a caring and nurturing environment with a real team atmosphere where everyone mucks in, supports one another and doesn't mind taking on additional responsibilities from time to time. The curriculum focuses on Literacy & Numeracy, Personal Development, Physical Development, Creative Development, Knowledge & understanding of the World and Vocational Studies for their college age pupils. They have on site residential homes and as such education staff need to liaise closely with care staff at the beginning and end of each day.
Young people have a range of Complex Needs, SLD, PMLD and Autism. Many of the pupils require personal care and moving and handling. Although TA's mostly do this, teachers may be required to support in this area from time to time. Many of the pupils have speech and language communication difficulties and sensory needs so as a teacher you will need strategies and methods in place to help with this from a learning perspective. Pupils are generally working at P Levels or equivalent. Occasionally there will be challenging behaviours and young people will need their SEN Teacher to have lots of patience, empathy and perseverance.
If this SEN Teacher vacancy sounds like a role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teacher role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.