SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
The ideal applicant will have experience in a school environment, be able to learn quickly and be confident to work independently quickly. You will always have the support of the team, but successful candidates will be resilient and have a genuine interest to work with students with social emotional and behavioural needs. Experience working with high functioning Autism (ASC) is also beneficial. The SEN school in Brent are open to accepting applicants with mainstream experience who are passionate about developing their SEN skill set who have an EYFS background and have strong classroom presence and behaviour management skills. All students in the class will have an individualised Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP).
The SEN Teaching Assistant would:
* Work with a class of 8 pupils
* Support pupils with high functioning Autism (ASC) and social, emotional and mental health issues
* Work with a full-time class Teacher
* Support lessons based on the national curriculum
* Use the Read Write Inc phonics programme
* Use the PATHS, PSHE curriculum to support social and emotional skills development
* Be trained in Positive Handling and be confident with physical interventions and restraints
Based in Brent, this Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' school caters for 50 pupils with social emotional and behavioural difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Disorders and Speech and Language Difficulties. This is a setting where staff take a nurturing approach, setting firm but fair boundaries and seeing to make a real difference in the lives of their pupils. The school is located in the north of Brent and is best accessed by car or local public transport links.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN Teaching Assistant in Brent. Or for more information about the role, contact Alex Holt on 0207 845 5450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 30 fully certified CPD courses, that's 23 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
£60 - £65 per day
£65 - £70 per day
Rochdale, Greater Manchester
£55 - £70 per day
£65 - £75 per day + Ofsted Accredited CPD
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.