SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you a caring, nurturing and empathetic teaching assistant?
Do you believe all children should have access to ongoing education and care?
Tradewind are recruiting! I am proud to be working on a behalf of a special needs school in the Stockport area that cater for some of our most vulnerable young people. We are looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant to start with them as soon as possible on a full time and long term basis with the potential to turn permanent eventually. Pay up to £75/day.
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
About the role
You will supporting a variety of pupils on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis. Each pupil has an EHCP for Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD). They have significant physical needs as well as cognitive disabilities and are learning at very low levels. They have sensory and behaviour needs as well as triggers that will need to be managed and hopefully lessened over time with your support. Most of the pupils are pre-verbal and have significant Speech & Language needs. Many use PECS and other strategies to help communicate. While sometimes challenging their pupil's have a love of learning, play and interaction with others. Many are wheelchair users and also require use of a hoist so the new SEN Teaching Assistant will need experience of Moving & Handling and Personal Care.
The new SEN Teaching Assistant will need to engage them in varied activities that are pitched at their level while supporting the class teacher in the delivery of more formal lessons that aim to teach numeracy & literacy, speech & language, understanding of the world and personal physical, social and emotional development.
About the school
The school caters for children and young adults aged 11-24 with most pupils being at secondary age and with an EHCP for SEN. They have state of the art facilities and plenty of space to cater for their individual needs. They have strong values based around honesty, trust and commitment and are extremely child centred in everything that they do. They are also innovative and aim to use the best equipment and best methods and strategies to support their young people and support their staff in doing their jobs to the best of their ability. While sometimes challenging there is a strong team atmosphere among the SEN Teaching Assistant staff, where people muck in and help each other where needed.
If this sounds like a role for you, register with us today in order to be put forward! See contact details below.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.