SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you a compassionate individual with experience supporting young people with severe mental health needs, based near Islington, North London?
Tradewind are currently recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant to work within a Hospital School in Islington, North London. The role is full time to start in April 2021 on a long-term basis until the end of the academic year, and will most likely become permanent for the right candidate.
The hospital school in Islington is a Good Ofsted rated school which caters for students with a statement of severe mental health needs, who have experienced difficulties in mainstream school. These pupils will usually be battling against severe cases of Anxiety, Depression, Suicidal Thoughts, Self-Harm, Eating Disorders and other mental health difficulties.
This school is an alternative provision where which is divided across four sites: Secondary PRU, Primary PRU, Medical and Outreach. You will be based on the Medical Site which provides classroom based teaching using a personalised curriculum tailored to each child and their needs. It is a very small provision which focuses on providing education for vulnerable children on a short-term basis, with an aim to help them re-integrate back into mainstream.
Students are taught a Personalised Curriculum as appropriate to their age and ability in small classes of up to 9 pupils with 1 teacher and at least 1 teaching assistant, or on a 1:1 basis. The successful Teaching Assistant will be providing support to a variety of ages and abilities. The main responsibility of this highly rewarding role is to support the class teacher in all lessons with the educational and social needs of pupils, assisting in the organisation of class activities, helping to manage class or individual behaviour and performing 1:1 and group work with students to keep them engaged and ensure they are making progress. Students will also often need support with English, Maths and social skills so a strength in written and spoken English and Maths is beneficial to assist with the academic progress of pupils.
- Experience supporting young people with mental health difficulties
- Previous TA, LSA or support work within a school, PRU, Alternative Provision or other child related experience.
- Open-minded, positive and friendly approach.
- A caring and professional manner.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
The benefits of working with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
The school in Islington, North London, is easily accessible by various tube stations including the Northern Line, Victoria Line and Piccadilly Line. It is also very close to King's Cross station so is accessible via several London boroughs.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN Teaching Assistant in Islington, North London. Or for more information about the role, contact Alisha Sparks on 0207 845 5450 option 3 or email@example.com.
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.