SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Do you want to make the ordinary possible for children and young people with Autism?
Tradewind Recruitment are now working with an Ofsted 'Outstanding' primary resourced provision in Brent, North London who are now looking for SEN Teaching Assistants to start ASAP. The schools Teaching Assistants are Teaching and Behaviour Support Staff. The role combine's teaching and learning with a behavioural approach. This Teaching Assistant role is full time and will be long term for the rest of the academic year. It is likely that your placement will be extended through to the next academic year
The school in Brent, North-West London, are looking for creative and talented Teaching and Behaviour Support staff to make a positive difference to their learner's lives. The school heavily invests in their people, providing excellent training programmes and personal development plans to get the very best from them. The school has been rated Ofsted Outstanding, providing support and education to 7 pupils aged 4-11. They have high aspirations for the pupils and learners. The goal for all their pupils and learners is that when they leave their settings they will have the opportunity to access employment, further education or training and to live as part of the communities of their choice.
You will be working in a mixed KS1 class, supporting pupils within Year 1/Year 2. Within the classroom, you will be working alongside the class teacher and two other members of support staff in a classroom of up to 8 children. This school is looking for someone personable, with a positive can-do attitude and good behaviour management. The successful candidate must have experience supporting SEND, particularly Autism.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. With us, it's never 'just a job'. In return for your hard work and passion you can find real and meaningful work experience, access to some amazing benefits alongside our competitive pay, at Tradewind Recruitment SEN, we are known for remunerating our candidates better than our competitors, as well as always providing high quality service.
Your role as a Teaching and Behaviour Support Assistant will be:
- Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions
- Supervise and support community-based learning and educational visits
- Help to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
- Working with key pupils to help develop their personal plans and aspirations
- Supporting pupils to develop crucial life skills to help them thrive.
- You will be well organised, have good planning skills, have experience of working with children and young people with autism using a behavioural approach, a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Above all, you will also need the physical and emotional resilience to work with young people who often present behaviours that challenge.
- Experience of PECS, SCERTS, Phonics, TEACHH curriculum will be helpful to support students throughout the day
Benefits of working at the school:
- A vibrant team of experts, Speech & Language Therapists, Behaviour Analysts, Occupational Therapists and Specialist Teachers
- Highly invested in training staff
- Highly competitive annual salary
- Continuous professional and personal development
- The school is in Brent, North-West London, and has off-road parking for those who drive. It is also easily accessible via Thameslink trains, the Jubilee Line, Metropolitan Line and several popular bus routes.
The benefits of working with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN Teaching Assistant in Brent, North-West London. Or for more information about the role, contact Alisha Sparks on [02078455450.option3] or [email@example.com]
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.