SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you a caring and nurturing person with experience of supporting children with special needs?
If so, then read on...
I am delighted to be recruiting for an OFSTED 'Outstanding' primary special school in south Manchester, who are looking for an SEN Teaching Assistant to start ASAP on a full time and long term basis with the potential to turn permanent for the right person. Pay up to £75/day.
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure or apply for a new one, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
This rewarding role will require you to support pupils on a 1:1 basis or in small groups. Class sizes are no more than 8 pupils. You will need to provide learning support as well as physical and emotional support. Some previous experience supporting children with SEN is essential, ideally you will have worked as an SEN Teaching Assistant before but candidates with a range of backgrounds will be considered. You will also be required to aid the class teacher in the preparation of activities and tasks.
The school caters for children aged 2 to 11 who have Severe Learning Disabilities SLD, Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities PMLD, Autism ASC, Complex Needs, Sensory Needs, Hearing & Visual Impairment, Speech and Language Communication Difficulties. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and incredibly supportive. They are very child centred in everything that they do and pupils are provided with a holistic package of education and care which meets their individual needs.
All pupils have an EHCP which details the support required and also information about interests, triggers, behaviour and strategies that have worked with them in the past. They have a strong focus on physical development, communication and language and social and emotional development and aim high when it comes to their pupils making progress and reaching their full potential so that they can enjoy life and contribute to society as much as possible.
If you would like to apply please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultant.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.