SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind are proud to be recruiting a SEN Teaching Assistant for a special school in Salford!
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
About the role:
- SEN Teaching Assistant for a special needs school and college in Salford.
- Start date - 19th April or ASAP after that.
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract.
- Pay up to £75 per day.
- Supporting a pupil in Year 10 with Autism and Physical Needs on a 1:1 basis.
- Build rapport quickly and maintain positive and trusting relationship with pupil while setting appropriate boundaries.
- You will need to support in class with learning as well as providing Moving & Handling support as the pupil uses a wheelchair and hoist.
- Previous experience as a SEN Teaching Assistant, Care Worker or Support Worker required.
- You will need to be patient, empathetic and have a real passion to support young people who have additional obstacles to learning.
About the school:
- Special school & college for young people with Autism, SLD and Complex Needs.
- Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted.
- The school has a welcoming atmosphere and is focused on making sure that their childrens' needs are met.
- Staff are well supported with ample time to prep for lessons and for training and development.
- They have Sensory and Smart rooms as well as dedicated pastoral and break-out spaces.
- There is a focus on well-being, mental health and personal development.
- Strong emphasis on practical and independence related skills to equip students for life after high school.
About the pupils:
- Pupils are aged 11-16 and have an EHCP for SEN including Autism, MLD, Complex Needs and SEMH.
- There are verbal and non verbal pupils, physical needs, sensory needs, medical needs, speech & language needs as well as emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Staff focus on addressing obstacles to learning first, build amazing relationships with pupils and really get to understand their needs before engaging and pushing pupils to progress academically.
- The new SEN Teaching Assistant will need to be empathetic, adaptable, resilient and patient.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£65.00 - £80.00 per day + Over 30 Free Accredited CPD Courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£65 - £75 per day
Trafford, Greater Manchester
£65 - £75 per day
Oldham, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.