SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind are recruiting!
Are you a dedicated and experienced SEN Teaching Assistant?
Do you believe that all children should have the change to learn and progress no matter their obstacles.
To join us and be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
This is an SEN Teaching Assistant role to start ASAP on a full time and long term basis at a primary special needs school in Trafford. This role has the potential to turn in to a permanent contract after a period of time on supply as they are replacing a member of staff who is leaving. Pay up to £75/day.
You will be required to support pupils on 1:1 basis as well as in small groups. The children you work with have low functioning Autism and Complex Needs and due to the nature of the children you may need to support with Personal Care and Moving & Handling as well as learning, behaviour and emotional support. You will also need to work with the class teacher to prepare the environment and lessons each day.
The school looks after children aged 2 to 11 who have Autism and Complex Needs including those with sensory, communication and physical. They have fantastic facilities that meet the needs of their individuals including sensory, therapy and play rooms. The curriculum is highly differentiated to each young person. Learning is constantly monitored and amended to make sure they are focusing on areas of learning where the pupil is making progress. They are extremely child centred and believe all children should have equal opportunities to ongoing learning and care.
This is a fantastic chance to work at one of the best schools of it's type in the area and benefit from their knowledge and support while making a real difference to some children who your support need it most.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.