SEND Teaching Assistant
SEND Teaching Assistant
SEND Teaching Assistant - PMLD experience required
Tradewind Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of a two-form entry Primary School in Oldham to start in June 2021. This is a long-term role with a salary of £65-70 per day.
About the role:
This primary school is looking for a Teaching Assistant to work within their KS2 department, supporting children with Special Educational Needs. Experience in PMLD and moving/handling tasks is a necessary requirement. The successful candidate must have excellent behaviour management and a good knowledge of the National Curriculum. You must have prior experience of supporting children with Special Educational Needs and be a committed practitioner who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout the role.
About the school:
The school is bright, busy and exciting, and prides itself on being a caring school full of happy, friendly and polite children. Strong leadership ensures that pupils make good progress, and professional development and training is used effectively to increase and maintain teaching quality. SEND students are well-supported, teachers make accurate assessments of pupils learning needs, and pupils make great progress, especially in the early years. There is a strong culture of safeguarding and pupil behaviour is good.
The successful candidate will be supporting children who have Special Needs, including but not limited to PMLD. You will responsible for the support of pupils; but also, be responsible for supporting the teacher with the learning of the whole class.
To join us and be successful in this Teaching Assistant role you will need to:
- Hold a Level 2 Teaching Assistant or equivalent qualification
- Have experience with PMLD and moving/handling tasks
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
- You will need to have strong behaviour management and good KS2 curriculum knowledge.
The school are looking for somebody who can be innovative and engaging, ensuring that the children have fun whilst making progress.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so your fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To be considered for this position, please as the school are looking to shortlist and interview ASAP. Please call Chris at our Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.