Tradewind are currently working hard to register new candidates for day to day supply teaching, and for long term supply teaching, ready to spring back into action when the schools are open again. We are anticipating a huge demand for daily supply, and for long term supply contracts when the schools re-open, and are interested in hearing from anybody who is interested in pursuing this as an option. With the current government advise in mind, and ensuring that social distancing is maintained, we are currently operating with an 'over the phone' or 'video' registration, meaning you can get registered on our system in the comfort of your own home, with only one small step that would need completing once the current government sanctions are taken off. During this time, we are offering a large amount of CPD to ensure that practitioners remain fresh, which is accredited and available for free upon registering. While we understand times are uncertain, we are trying to ensure that all necessary steps to achieving as much work as possible is achieved during this time.
Ideally we are looking for qualified secondary school teachers who are looking for work in and around Hull, as needs can often arise in a morning on a 'last minute' basis. We are looking to work with confident behaviour managers and flexible practitioners, who feel confident covering a range of different subject areas, very often at short notice. Payment for this position (daily supply) will be between £100.00 and £130.00 per day depending on experience and qualifications. Payment for longer term positions will be paid to scale depending on previous experience, meaning practitioners can expect to earn between £110.00 and £183.00 per day for this position. Please find below a list of duties for the 'supply teacher':
* Undertaking whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, setting work previously prepared by the teacher
* Developing curricular knowledge as required by the school
* Marking elements of class work and homework under the guidance of the class teacher
* Undertaking observations of the pupils and contribute to pupil records
* Administering (and marking) class tests
* Supervising the work of the Teaching Assistant
* Abiding by and work towards all the policies within the school e.g. behaviour management, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities
* Carrying out the above duties in accordance with the Children's Services Department's Equal Opportunities Policy.
We are also looking forward to working with 'cover supervisors' in the local area, who again are looking for further experience working in schools. Having a fully qualified teacher working in the office, we will be running 'an introduction to cover supervision' course in our office on the 15th April, which will provide you with information regarding working as a cover supervisor, and will also provide an opportunity to ask any questions that you might have regarding working as a cover supervisor and the opportunities that it may provide you in the future. We are looking to perform registrations and training during the Easter break, so that candidates will be fully clear to work after the Easter Break, for what is an extremely busy summer term with regards to cover. Candidates who would be extremely successful in the 'cover supervisor' role include:
* Experienced cover supervisors
* Experience teaching assistants looking for the next step
* Candidates who have volunteered in schools but who are looking for paid school work
* Graduates/undergraduates who are considering a career in education
* Candidates with experience working as a tutor
* Candidates with experience working as a sports or dance coach
* Candidates with experience working in adult education
* Candidates with experience working in a SEN setting
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Supply Teacher in Hull. Or for more information about the role, contact Alex on 01482 238878 or Alex.Bateman@twrecruitment.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most. Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£90.00 - £95.00 per day
£90.00 - £120.00 per day
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.