Teacher of Art - Greenwich London
Teacher of Art - Greenwich London
Teacher of Art
Full-time, temporary contract
Tradewind Recruitment are seeking a fantastic Teacher of Art to work within a supportive academy located in Greenwich. This role will commence at Easter and will be a year-long contract covering a period of maternity.
The school was graded as 'Good' at their last inspection over 5 years ago and has remained so ever since. Their achievements over the last 4 years at GCSE level have placed them in the top 100 non-selective state-funded schools in England.
The department is well resourced with computers, A3 printers; with the Adobe packages available. All teaching rooms have electronic white boards with PowerPoint and other software capability. There is a fully equipped photographic studio and study/work areas for individual research and project work. Working as a Teacher of Art in the school, you will not be short of resources!
Art G.C.S.E. (Edexcel) is well established in the school. The examination results have been consistently well above the National Averages with many of the students achieving A* and A, or 9-7 grades. Art and Photography are extremely popular subjects in the Sixth Form. We offer the Edexcel A Level syllabus in both Year 13 and Year 12. The Department also runs a very successful BTEC Level 3 Photography.
There are ongoing links with local artists with studio visits particularly at KS4 and KS5 and portfolio preparation for application to Higher Education. The department has a very high success rate for entry to first choice foundation and degree courses and organises gallery and museum visits, as well as workshops on a regular basis and run a very popular KS3 art club.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Be a Teacher of Art with excellent knowledge of the Art curriculum.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact David at Tradewind on 0207 845 5450 or email David.firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employ
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.