Teacher of Chemistry
Teacher of Chemistry
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you a Teacher of Chemistry looking to secure your next position starting after the Easter holidays? Would you like to work in an outstanding grammar school on the Wirral?
Tradewind are currently recruiting on behalf of one of our outstanding grammar schools on the Wirral who are looking to appoint a Teacher of Chemistry to a one term position starting after the Easter holidays (start date 19th April). The school are looking to appoint a Teacher of Chemistry to work full time, covering a maternity leave. For the right candidate the position has the potential to lead to a fixed term contract. The school are happy to consider applications from NQTs, RQTs or experienced teachers.
The successful applicant will be joining a high achieving school who expect high expectations of all students and staff. Each child is challenged to achieve their full potential, both inside and outside the classroom. This is a school who Ofsted describe as, 'providing very high-quality care and education in an inclusive learning environment'. The school is very accessible from the M53 motorway and is well connected to Liverpool, Ellesmere Port, Chester and North Wales.
The successful candidate would be joining a department consisting of seven teachers. At Key Stage 3, students study Chemistry for one lesson per week and when progressing to Key Stage 4 all students study separate Sciences at GCSE level. At GCSE and A Level the department teach the AQA syllabus and you'll be joining a department who receive outstanding examination results (75% of students achieved Grades 6-9 at GCSE), (65% of students received A*-B at A Level).
The successful candidate would ideally have experience of teaching Chemistry up to and including A Level however the school are happy to consider applications from candidates who are able to teach Chemistry across KS3 and KS4.
Pay rate will depend on your experience however you can expect a daily rate ranging from £130 - £189 per day.
To join us and be considered for this Teacher of Chemistry vacancy in Wirral you must:
* Hold QTS or an equivalent teaching qualification;
* Have experience teaching Chemistry across KS3 and KS4 (KS5 Chemistry teaching experience would be advantageous);
* This position is subject to Enhanced DBS, Overseas police check (if applicable) and satisfactory references;
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any gaps in employment must be explained;
* Have the legal right to work in the UK.
Please click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this Teacher of Chemistry position based in Wirral.
1.As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
2. We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
3. Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
4. More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
5. Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.