Teacher of House
Teacher of House
We are looking to recruit a Teacher of House for a forward thinking Academy in North Swindon. This exciting opportunity will commence from June 2021 or will wait until September 2021 for the right person.
We are looking for a conscientious, dedicated & Qualified Secondary teacher who has excellent people skills!
The Academy is an ambitious school with a track record of continuous improvement. The school ethos is rooted in their principles of Drive, Integrity, Scholarship and Contribution. As their students develop these attributes during their time with them, they move towards adulthood, better prepared to take on the challenges they will face. The Academy wants all of their students to flourish academically and personally in an aspirational and supportive environment.
The Academy's house system, student leadership opportunities and extra-curricular programme ensure that their students have an extensive range of opportunities to develop character, demonstrate compassion and contribute to the community.
We are working closely with this Academy to find a House teacher who is a great teacher and one who has the capacity to lead a team of House Tutors and inspire the school community through their leadership, energy and vision.
The main duties of the role are:
* To work proactively with SLT, other House Leaders, House Managers, tutors and students of
their House to develop enjoyment of and participation in Academy life
* To encourage student participation in House and Academy events, including extra-
curricular, enrichment and community activities
* To develop extra-curricular and enrichment provision, ensuring active contribution to
House activities and competitions
* To encourage and develop student responsibilities within the House
* To promote the Academy Rewards System
* To chair regular House Team meetings and assist with the development of the Student
* To assist with and help to lead new student induction
This Academy in North Swindon can offer you:
* enthusiastic, friendly and well-behaved students who deserve the very best teachers
* a superb building with state-of-the-art facilities
* hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic staff
* a rigorous whole-school discipline policy effectively supported by the senior leadership
* a fantastic team of teachers, who have been working together to develop their Mastery
* supportive leadership and a committed Governing Body
* a guaranteed CPD offer with real opportunities to develop as a teacher
The Academy has their our own curriculum and their own online learning portal which all help the staff to share knowledge and resources, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. They reward their staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. They invest in our staff wellbeing. The school has at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing wellbeing programme.
Things to know about registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in these supply teaching roles you will need to:
* Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification / NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'apply now' to be considered for this great position as Teacher of House in Swindon. If you would like to hear more information about the role please contact Michelle on 0117 301 7578 / email@example.com.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.