Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant required at an Oldham Primary School for a September 2020 Start.
Are you a psychology graduate looking to pursue a career in teaching or education support?
A Primary School in Oldham is currently looking for an experienced and hardworking psychology graduate to work in their special educational needs department. This position is due to start in September 2020 and is a full time, permanent contract with a pay rate of up to £85.00 per day. The successful applicant will have an opportunity to earn a permanent contract
The successful candidate will support students with Special Educational Needs such as Autism, Global Delay and Social Emotional Mental Health Difficulties on a one-to-one and small group basis.
The successful psychology graduate will join a supportive and welcoming team of Teaching Assistants and Learning Support Assistants and will work collaboratively with the schools Special Educational Needs department.
They will undertake a number of responsibilities and will be involved in the following:
*Working on a one-to-one basis with individual students with Special Educational Needs and Social Emotional Mental Health difficulties.
*Providing academic and social support to students in lessons.
*Providing intervention to small groups of students
*Providing behaviour support to students struggling with behavioural difficulties. Motivating and encouraging students to achieve their potential.
Previous experience working with young people in an educational setting is desirable. This role is ideal for any candidates considering a career in teaching or educational support as the successful candidate will gain practical experience working in an educational setting.
This Oldham primary school sits in the heart of community and has approximately 180 pupils on role. It is a small, caring and family orientated school which strives to offer the very highest standards in education. The staff at this Oldham primary school ensure that the school provides a caring, carefully structured learning environment which allow our children to flourish. The staff offer the very highest standards in education while also ensuring that the children develop a sense of adventure and wonder.
The headteacher is enormously proud of our Forest School which allows all the children to develop their learning outside of the classroom. She believes that this is a fundamental part of supporting children in developing them as resilient, confident, independent and creative learners.
To be considered for this role, you will need;
-Have recent experience supporting children with challenging behaviour.
-A DBS certificate, or be happy to apply for a DBS.
-Be able to provide 2 professional references including one from your latest employer or education institution.
-Full time availability.
-Team Teach training is desirable, not essential as training is available.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To be considered for this position please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.