Are you a resilient and compassionate Teaching Assistant looking for an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of young children? Tradewind is currently seeking dedicated individuals to join our team for a long-term position in a primary school located in Wigan.
Position: Teaching Assistant
School Type: Primary School
Location: Wigan, Greater Manchester
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Type: Long-term to Permanent
Daily Pay Rate: £76.89 - £85.74
As a Teaching Assistant, your primary focus will be on supporting the emotional well-being and academic progress of children by supporting them 1:1 or in small groups.
- Provide one-on-one and small group support to children.
- Implement behaviour management techniques and strategies in line with the school's policies.
- Foster a nurturing and inclusive learning environment that promotes positive relationships.
- Collaborate with the class teacher and other staff members to develop individualised support plans.
- Monitor and record progress, reporting any concerns or developments to relevant parties.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of differentiated lessons and activities.
- Build trusting relationships with children, demonstrating patience, empathy, and understanding.
- Work in close partnership with parents/carers, providing regular feedback on progress and strategies for support at home.
At Tradewind Recruitment, we are committed to supporting your professional development and providing valuable benefits. As a Teaching Assistant with us, you will have access to over 2500 CPD courses offered by the National College. This ensures that you stay up to date with the latest educational practices and enhance your skills as an educator.
To join us and be successful in this role you will need to:
- Relevant experience working with children is highly desirable.
- A understanding of the national curriculum.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Hold an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible.
- Legal right to work in the UK.
If you're a dedicated Teaching Assistant looking for an exciting new opportunity and would like to register with Tradewind Recruitment, please apply now and take the next step in your teaching career! Or for more information about the role, contact Lindsey Pennington on 01772 977333 / firstname.lastname@example.org
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.