Teaching Assistant - KS2
Teaching Assistant - KS2
Are you an enthusiastic teaching assistant seeking a new and exciting role? Are you committed to finding solutions which result in accelerated pupil progress?
A fantastic opportunity has presented to work in a 'Good' two-form entry school in a vibrant community in Oldham. This is a full-time teaching assistant role which will begin June 2021 and run until the end of the academic year. The successful applicant will have a secure knowledge and understanding of the KS2 curriculum and have proven success delivering targeted interventions to achieve rapid progress. The school will pay a competitive salary that reflects your suitability and experience.
About the Role:
As the lead teaching assistant in the Year 6 class, you will be responsible for the progress and attainment of approximately 30 pupils in a mixed ability class. You will be required to differentiate learning to ranging with a key focus on bridging learning gaps, addressing missed curriculum content and supporting pupils to meet age related expectations. There is a small percentage of SEND pupils in the class and you will be supported by a full-time teaching assistant who is highly competent delivering small group sessions and supporting learners on a 1:1 basis.
Your responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Build a positive rapport with all pupils based on trust and mutual respect and encourage a sense of ownership and accountability of learning
- Undertake the responsibilities for a year 5/6 class and attain the highest standards of teaching and learning
- Ensure activities align with National Curriculum Standards and assess progress against age related expectations
- Monitor pupils personal, social, emotional and mental wellbeing and liaise with pastoral support/SENDCo as necessary to address any concerns
- Plan targeted interventions to address missed curriculum content and bridge learning gaps
- Use a range of assessment strategies to review, report and reflect on daily practice to inform future planning and improve educational outcomes.
- Keep up-to-date records of progress and provide both verbal and written feedback to address misconceptions, consolidate learning and/or challenge children to next steps
To be successful in this role:
- Experience working with primary age children & knowledge of the national curriculum
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Provide a CV with employment/education history included. Employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
- Excellent organisational skills
- A commitment to child development and learning
The school is driven by a strong leadership team who work together to achieve desired goals. Behaviour at this school is good due to school-wide structures that are implemented consistently. The school is highly-popular within the local community as a result of forming strong relationships with local families and is easily accessibile via public transport as well as benefitting from onsite parking facilities.
In return the school offer:
-The chance to join a cohesive and committed team who are hard-working, supportive, and dedicated to their role
-Well resourced classrooms with Interactive Whiteboards, Chromebooks and Ipads
-High quality CPD opportunities
To apply for this fantastic opportunity as a Year 6 teaching assistant in Oldham, or hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Tradewind, please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 35 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A generous referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.