Teaching Assistant - SEMH - Manchester
Teaching Assistant - SEMH - Manchester
Have you supported young people with challenging behaviours or Social, Emotional & Mental Health difficulties (SEMH)?
Tradewind are recruiting for a Teaching Assistant for a full time and long term role starting in January in south Manchester.
The role is working as a Teaching Assistant at a secondary alternative provision in the south Manchester area. You will be supporting young people in small groups or on a 1:1 basis. You will need to provide academic, pastoral and behaviour support.
The provision is rated GOOD by Ofsted and has a great reputation in the local area and beyond. They have strong links with other schools and provisions and outside agencies. They cater for young people aged 11-16 who are outside of mainstream school for a variety or reasons. The centre has numerous sites across the city with great transport links and on site parking. This role will be based at their site in Chorlton.
Young people have a range of needs including SEMH and associated difficulties such as ADHD, ODD, autism, attachment disorder and other challenging behaviours. They can often display physical or verbal aggression so any teaching assistant will need to have strong behaviour management skills and need to be resilient to challenging situations. You will need to act as a trusted adult and positive role model while providing consistent boundaries. Ideally you will be trained in Team Teach however this is not essential.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.