Year 1 Teaching Assistant
Year 1 Teaching Assistant
The children, headteacher, staff and Governors of a Kirkby-based Primary School are seeking to appoint a 1:1 Teaching Assistant to join their teaching team. Staff work hard to support children with Educational Healthcare Plans and this post is to primarily support a child in Year 1 with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (32.5hrs).
We are looking for someone who is willing and able to develop a strong understanding of the child's needs and how to support him; working in partnership with his class teacher, SENCO and family. The child has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) in place, and the successful candidate will support the child's learning as well as their personal and emotional development.
This post is temporary until the end of the academic year or Educational Healthcare Plan funding ceases.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can expertly support a child's development and learning - educationally, emotionally, socially and physically;
- Can encourage and support each child to self-regulate and become increasingly independent;
- Can promote a child's self-esteem and confidence;
- Can assist with the planning and preparation of activities and implement provision plans including programmes from outside agencies;
- Enjoys working as part of a team and is able to use their own initiative;
- Has a positive attitude;
- Has experience of working with children a Primary level;
- Has experience of working with and interacting with children with special educational needs and ASD in particular;
- Is committed to be involved in the wider life of school.
School can offer you:
- A positive, caring, family ethos in a welcoming environment;
- Well behaved and enthusiastic children;
- A supportive, friendly school community, who are ambitious for the future development of the school;
- A commitment to your training and future development to enable you to be excellent in your role.
If you feel you have the right skills for this post, we would love to hear from you!
To express an interest, simply click 'apply' and we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss a registration. Alternatively, call the Tradewind Liverpool branch on 0151 221 9666 for more information regarding how we can support your next career move.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.