Tradewind are recruiting!
Do you have previous experience supporting young people with challenging behaviours or emotional needs?
This is a Behaviour Mentor / SEMH Teaching Assistant role starting ASAP on a full time and long term basis at a Secondary Alternative Provision School in Bury. Potential to turn in to a permanent contract for the right person. Pay up to £75/day.
You will be supporting young people in small groups or on a 1:1 basis aged 11-16. Your role will primarily to provide behaviour support including managing behaviour in the classroom as well as communal areas throughout the school. You will also be required to deliver 1:1 pastoral and behaviour support which will mean closely supporting young people who have Social, Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH) obstacles to learning. You may also need to deal with crisis situations, disclosures, altercations etc. As Behaviour Mentor you will need to work closely with the TA manager to implement the schools behaviour strategy and policies. It's a opportunity to build strong relationships with students and really affect their life chances after education by improving the academic progress but crucially their social and emotional well-being as well. They really value staff that can bring additional skills to the table whether that's experience in sports, ICT, music, food, construction etc or people that have supported with tutoring in English Maths at lower levels.
They school caters for young people aged 11-16 who are outside of mainstream school for a variety or reasons. This Behaviour Mentor role will be based in the Bury area. The centre has numerous sites across the LEA supporting all the authorities children not in mainstream school. They offer a broad curriculum which includes many vocational elements including ASDAN. They have a transient pupil population so they focus on access, transition and progress to make sure that on leaving they are able to go back to mainstream or or to work or study with the best possible start.
Young people have a range of needs including SEMH and associated difficulties such as ADHD, ODD, autism, attachment disorder and other challenging behaviours. They can often display physical or verbal aggression so as the new Behaviour Mentor you will need to have strong behaviour management skills and need to be resilient to challenging situations and not take things personally. You will need to persevere to make progress with each young person. You will need to act as a trusted adult and positive role model while providing consistent boundaries. Ideally you will be trained in Team Teach de-escalation & positive handling techniques however this is not essential and can be trained later.
To register for this Behaviour Mentor / SEMH Teaching Assistant role please call Graham in the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138 or email email@example.com
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£65.00 - £75.00 per day + Over 30 Accredited CPD Courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£70 - £75 per day
Stockport, Greater Manchester
£65.00 - £80.00 per day + Over 30 Accredited CPD Courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.