Tradewind are recruiting! Are you an experienced DT Technician looking for your next position in a North Liverpool secondary school? If so, read on….
This position is to start in September 2020 and will run for the full academic year. The position will be paid hourly at a rate of £12 an hour and you will be expected to work the hours of 8am until 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
You will be responsible for providing technical support and preparing resources for the Design and Technology Faculty Area under the guidance of the Curriculum Leader for the Technology Faculty. This includes the preparation of materials for classes including timber, plastic and metal using appropriate machinery.
To access this school a car is advisable as public transport links are not great. The school however is easily accessible by motorway and has a large onsite car park.
You will be expected to :-
-promote an enthusiasm for and love of DT and learning amongst students.
- work with individuals and groups of students in the DT Curriculum Area to assist with practical work, techniques and using equipment when necessary.
-be responsible for maintaining and using the machinery, tools and equipment within the classroom to prepare project/class resources.
-order resources, materials as requested by each member of the Faculty Area.
-assist in the completion of risk assessments and the implementation of the DT Health and Safety Policy and keep records to ensure that all risk assessments and Health and Safety certificates are up to date.
-attend meetings and courses when required.
-monitor, clean and service where possible small and large equipment and machinery throughout the Department.
-create and maintain an inventory of equipment for each area of the DT Faculty Areas.
-maintain DT Faculty Area resources and monitor/record stock levels.
-organise and maintain all storerooms, store cupboards, storage areas and storage drawers.
-ensure that all DT rooms are kept secure, clean, tidy and free from all hazards, and to report any maintenance issues on behalf of the Department.
-ensure tools and equipment are stored securely after use.
-organise for the regular safety inspections of all machinery and equipment.
-ensure Faculty first aid boxes are kept up to date and stocked.
To be considered for this position you will:
. have previous experience in this role
* Be a committed professional
* Be an organised, enthusiastic proactive person
* Hold a child workforce enhanced DBS certificate which is on the update service, or be willing to apply for a new one (costs refunded back to you when you complete 20 days work)
. have satisfactory references
. have a CV must that covers the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any gaps in employment must be explained;
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Full Time, DT Technician in a North Liverpool secondary school.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.