English Teacher - Secondary SEN April 2021
English Teacher - Secondary SEN April 2021
Tradewind are working with an SEN School that are forward thinkers and thrive on the success they create for their pupils.
Tradewind are recruitment a qualified English Teacher for an SEMH School in Croydon.
The school are looking for a fulltime Teacher who can predominately lead the English Department but can also teach other subjects as the need arises. You will be required to teach English upto A Level.
They are currently looking to recruit a teacher who can teach English, this is for a January start. This College caters for key stage 3 and key stage 4 pupils who have a diagnosis of SEMH. The College currently have over 100 students, all of which are assigned to small class sizes (no more than 4 - 6 students per class). The school is within walking distance to a mainline train station, and there is parking at the school. Key skills and experience needed: * Qualified English Teacher * Experience planning and marking lessons * Strong behaviour management or experience working with pupils who have SEMH * One to one and small group work * Professional manor * Enthusiasm and friendly approach
- Are committed to a personalised approach and focus on the individual
- Are dedicated to ensuring pupils are happy, secure and achieve their potential and beyond
- Nurtures and encourage the interests, abilities and unique talents of all pupils.
- Offers a curriculum that ensures pupils experience learning that is challenging, stimulating and well suited to individual needs.
The school are keen to meet with candidates who have
- Excellent organisational skills and classroom management
- Can teach A Level English
- Ability to plan and teach lessons effectively, so that they are interesting, challenging and enjoyable.
- Ability to collaborate productively with colleagues and work towards common goals as a team member
- Knowledge of current issues in the teaching of specialist subject
- Awareness of whole school curriculum issues
- Ability to manage students firmly, fairly and effectively
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
- You must hold QTS or a UK recognised equivalent teaching qualification
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
Tradewind work closely with the school and have many long-term staff on site who enjoy their work and the school regularly take on permanent staff through Tradewind.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as an English teacher, Or for more information about the role, contact Linzi Davies on 0207 845 5450 option 3 or Linzi.email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.