Tradewind Recruitment are working with a mainstream Secondary School in Brent, who are looking for a strong, empowering Learning Mentor who is ready to make a resounding, positive difference in the lives of their students. This is a full-time role that commences in September 202020 and will be offered on a long-term basis, until the end of the academic year, with the view of becoming a permanent contract for the right candidate.
*** Learning Mentor - 'Good' Secondary School
*** Brent, North West London - £75 - £85 per day
*** Behaviour Experience desired but not essential
*** Supportive, encouraging environment to work and learn!
*** Full time, long term contract commencing September 2020
About the School - Learning Mentor - Brent, North West London:
* This school is a diverse, inclusive and supportive environment where students enjoy learning and are encouraged to challenge themselves in order to reach their full potential.
* This school has a fantastic SEN support structure, where all students with learning needs are in constant communication with teachers, parents, support staff and additional therapists, to ensure that they are provided with the support they require, and all of their needs are met.
* This school is committed to achieving not only academic excellence but encourage their students to participate in extra-curricular activities to find their passions and become well-rounded members of society.
About the Role - Learning Mentor - Brent, North West London:
* The position will see you working with multiple students who have behavioural needs, are at risk of disengagement or are in vulnerable situations across key stage 3, 4 & 5.
* You will be working in both one-to-one and group settings, running interventions and adapting your support to the requirements of each students.
* Some of your students may have additional special needs. You will need to work well in a team, as you will also be working closely with the SENCO, class teachers, other Teaching Assistants and parents.
* You will have excellent communication skills and be able to build positive relationships. A background in Youth Work would be highly advantageous for this position.
How to Apply - Learning Mentor - Brent, North West London:
If you would like additional information on this Learning Mentor role, then we would ask you to please contact Caitlin at Tradewind on 0207 845 5450 option 2 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, please email your CV to Caitlin.Cranwell@twrecruitment.com for an immediate call back!
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.