An Epsom based Pupil Referral Unit within a 5-minute walk from Epsom Station is hoping to find a 1:1 Behaviour Mentor to be willing and able to work across ages 11-18.
The perfect candidate will be able to use their own initiative throughout the day and be able to think on their feet when dealing with challenging behaviour. You must be able to stay calm, be patient and be empathetic towards the child whilst avoid disrupting the class.
If you have previous experience working with challenging behaviour or being a mentor for children, then you will have a huge advantage going into the school. Having experience with sports coaching or youth work is also desirable for this role, as this position requires you to have skills in behaviour management, discipline and team-work.
This position would be on a full-time basis (8.30am-4pm; Monday - Friday) and ideally you would be
What you will need:
* Minimum 3 months experience working with children within a classroom setting or PRU Setting
* Enhanced DBS on the update service (or willing to obtain one).
* Team Teach (highly desirable).
* Experience with challenging behaviour (highly desirable).
* Sports coaching background (highly desirable)
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Learning Mentor in Epsom. Or for more information about the role, contact Emma Aaron on 0207 845 5450 - Option 3 or email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 30 fully certified CPD courses, that's 23 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.