Primary Teacher, Wigan
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you an experienced Year 1 Primary Teacher looking for your next role in Wigan?
Tradewind are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and experienced Year 1 Primary Teacher to work in a Wigan Primary school. This is a long-term temporary role starting in September 2021 and will continue until the postholders return from maternity leave in May 2022.
This 2-form entry Primary School is looking for an experienced Year 1 Primary Teacher to join their team. They place a great deal of emphasis on friendship, compassion, respect, and perseverance.
This Primary School is passionate about providing students with the skills and enthusiasm for Secondary School and offer a nurturing multi-faith environment. They provide a safe, happy, and well-disciplined learning environment and have a supportive SLT.
This "good "Primary school caters for approx. 454 pupils across ages 4-11, the school aims to work in partnership with parents to ensure all students are achieving the best they can in a high-quality learning environment. All staff at the school share the ambition and drive to keep improving the school and encouraging pupils to achieve the best results they can and enjoy their time in School.
The school is located on the outskirts of Wigan and is easily accessible via car from the M6 and local A roads, it has a large car park on site. The School is also accessible via public transport and has close bus links from Wigan town centre.
This is a full-time position, starting in September 2021 to cover maternity leave. You shall be responsible for a Year 1 class of up to 28 mixed ability pupils and have a supportive and experienced Teaching Assistant in class. The successful applicant must have a proven track record of Read Write Inc. as this is the phonics format that is used in school.
You shall be required to plan, deliver, and assess work in line with the National Curriculum and be happy to partake in Parents Evenings, sports days, and school trips.
The ideal candidate for this Year 1 Teacher role will:
- Be a qualified teacher with QTS
- Have experience of working within KS1
- Have experience of year 1
- Experience of Read Write Inc
- Develop good relationships with students to ensure they have every learning opportunity
- Offer a range of exciting, diverse lessons that all students can access
- Have high expectations on students in both learning and behaviour
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you are fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support does not stop once we have secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Year 1 Primary Teacher in Wigan or for more information about the role, contact Chrissie on 01772 977333 or email- email@example.com
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we are committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
- Freer CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we are proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.