Primary Teacher - Year 3 - Stockport
Primary Teacher - Year 3 - Stockport
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge? Are you looking to embrace an innovative approach to teaching and learning through the delivery of a creative curriculum?
A fantastic opportunity has presented to work as a Year 3 teacher in a mixed-ability class for a highly reputable two-form entry school in Stockport. This full-time class teacher role begins May 2021 and will run until the end of the academic year. The school are looking to appoint an individual who will enthusiastic and eager to make a strong impact and can potentially extend the position depending on your success in the role.
About the School
The school has most recently been graded 'Good' by OFSTED and their success has been largely due to a strong leadership team who have a shared school vision in which to maximise educational potential within an environment that supports holistic development. The school supports a global approach to learning through the delivery of the IPC curriculum and recognises participation and enjoyment as being crucial elements to the school's academic success.
As the Year 3 teacher, your responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Undertake full class teaching responsibilities for a Year 3 class and comply with behaviour management and safeguarding and assessment policies.
- Attain the highest standards of teaching and learning and uphold the school's morals and values
- Complete detailed plans that align with National Curriculum Standards and teacher non-core subjects through topics which support teaching and learning from a global perspective.
- Differentiate learning to both scaffold and stretch learners appropriately allowing all pupils to reach their potential academically and in wider skill-sets
- Analyse data effectively to determine when/what to revisit, reteach and integrate mini plenaries into sessions without disrupting the pace and delivery of curriculum content.
- Plan targeted interventions across core subjects and liaise with the SENDCO to evaluate pupil progress in relation to individual pupil targets.
- Use ICT accordingly to keep up-to-date with modern teaching and learning approaches and liaise with the STEM teacher making use of cross-curricular opportunities to enhance learning
- Contribute to the broad range of extra-curricular activities and attend wider school events in the local community.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-known school and work alongside a driven team of staff who are passionate about their role. After visiting the school, good behaviour was evident as a result of clear, consistent behaviour management structures combined with positive reinforcement. Staff have strong relationships with each other, the children and local families and recognise the importance of collaboration in raising educational outcomes.
The school provide high-quality CPD throughout the course of the academic year which includes support towards leadership opportunities.
The school has accessible transport links to Manchester City Centre and other areas within the Stockport borough and benefits from a large on-site staff car park with spaces available to all members of staff.
To be successful in this Year 3 teaching role, you will:
- Hold QTS (or an equivalent teaching qualification)
- Have demonstrated success teaching in a KS2 setting (Year 3 desirable) with references to support your previous experience
- Be subject to an enhanced DBS check and Overseas Police Check (if applicable)
- Have a right to work in the UK
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great opportunity as a Year 3 Teacher in Stockport. Or for more information about the role, contact Charlotte on 01616740138 or alternatively email Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£90.00 - £180.00 per day + Over 30 Free Accredited CPD Courses
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£125 - £185 per day
Stockport, Greater Manchester
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.