RE Teacher in Southwarck
RE Teacher in Southwarck
Teacher of RE
St Thomas the Apostle College
Salary: Highly Competitive
Full Time: Maternity Cover
Start date: April 2021 - April or August 2022
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you looking for you next role teaching RE in Southwark from Easter 2021 for a maternity absence.
Tradewind Recruitment are looking for a motivated and inspirational RE teacher to join a team of outstanding staff in this core curriculum area. Our client is looking for an excellent classroom practitioner who is passionate about their subject to join team of highly skilled staff delivering outstanding lessons to our exceptional students.
This client is an outstanding school and pride themselves on their high expectations of all learners. This creates a calm learning environment where teachers can teach, and students can learn. They are proud of their highly supportive environment and are committed to ensuring outstanding teaching, behaviour and achievement. With an expanding Sixth Form and their desire and drive to continue moving forward, this is an exciting time for you to join the team.
Our client is a secondary school for boys located in south-east London, catering for around 700 students aged 11-18. They are voluntary-aided school in the Catholic tradition who was founded in 1965 and welcomes students from a wide variety of backgrounds. Its sixth form opened in 2015.
This post offers you the opportunity to develop your teaching within an outstanding setting. Ofsted report that teachers' enthusiasm for their subjects, expert subject knowledge, high expectations and skilful selection of stimulating resources all combine to generate outstanding learning.
Key Responsibilities Teaching and Learning
- Ensure a very high quality of RE teaching and learning (currently this provision is remote using Microsoft Teams).
- Teach highly engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and improve pupil attainment.
- To stay up-to-date with new initiatives in Teaching and Learning and to work with the HOD to implement these within the Department.
- To work collaboratively within the department helping to review and amend, as appropriate, the schemes of work annually according to developments in education.
- To develop the use of experiential learning by organising educational visits (when COVID restrictions permit). Assessment
- To ensure that student work is marked regularly (in line with the whole school marking policy) and meaningful targets are set to help learners make progress.
- Ensure that there are effective and meaningful assessments in place.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of all students within your classes, addressing underachievement as and when identified. Catholic Ethos
- To recognise that we are a Roman Catholic College based on Gospel values and to ensure that we live by these values.
- To be fully supportive of the ethos of the College.
- To support the Christian practice of the community and to encourage boys to participate in Christian action.
Values and vision
The Catholic tradition plays a huge part in the day-to-day life of our client, with the values of mutual respect and courtesy being expected of students at all levels. Boys attend weekly mass, which is designed to be as unobtrusive as possible in the school day.
The secondary school is dedicated to producing a broad and diverse curriculum, giving its pupils the chance to try a range of different subjects. Students are encouraged to be curious and inquisitive about their learning, with the expectation that they will work hard and become independent learners ready to enter the world of work.
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in applying for or find out about other similar teaching opportunities contact Tradewind today! Or email your CV directly to Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org, Business Manager.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.