Tradewind are recruiting for an SEMH Teacher!
Have you taught young people at secondary age with challenging behaviours?
Do you have experience teaching pupils a range of subjects?
We are looking for a Secondary SEMH Teacher for General Cover on regular short term supply placements in alternative provision.
Work available in the Stockport, Tameside, Macclesfield, High Peak and south Manchester areas.
Pay up to £200/day.
To join us and be successful in this SEMH Teacher role, you will need to:
- Have an enhanced DBS certificate (or be happy to apply for a new one)
- Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable).
- Min. of 2 professional references.
- Provide a CV with a full history.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
- Have QTS or QTLS.
- Ability to cover a range of subjects.
This is an SEMH Teacher role for someone with experience covering a range of subjects up to GCSE level. You need to deliver lessons to lesson plans which will be provided, monitor progress and differentiate your work to the individual needs of each pupil while building strong relationships with pupils based on honesty, consistency and mutual respect. You will need to manage behaviour and support pupils with social and emotional development as well.
PRU locations in Stockport, Tameside, Macclesfield, High Peak and South Manchester catering for young people at KS3 and KS4 age however pupils are working at lower levels than would be expected. They each foster nurturing environments for both staff and pupils as well as promote strong relationships between staff and pupils which helps to facilitate learning and progress despite challenges faced.
Each site will have their own bespoke curriculum offer so that you could be covering a wide range of subjects, qulifications and exam boards including ASDAN, BTEC & NOCNs.
All pupils will be aged 11-16 and have an EHCP for SEND including Social, Emotional & Mental Health needs (SEMH) and challenging behaviours. Some of the young people have associated needs such as ADHD, Attachment Disorder, ODD or Autism.
As an experienced SEMH Teacher you will need to have very strong behaviour management skills and have a natural ability to engage with hard to reach pupils from varying backgrounds. You will need resilience and perseverance in order to help pupils achieve.
While often challenging this is a great opportunity to make a real difference to young people with obstacles to learning and those from less fortunate backgrounds.
Benefits of working through Tradewind:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - FREE access to over 2,500 online courses.
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To register with Tradewind & apply for this temporary SEMH Teacher role in Manchester please call Graham in the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.