The position is on a supply/temporary basis and starts in January 2020, this could turn into a permanent position depending on the school's needs.
Previous experience of working with young people with BESD/SEMH or in a PRU is essential. It will be expected that candidates will have good communication skills and appropriate qualifications to be able to meet the high standards that the school has.
- Experience teaching young people with EBD in the past or have worked in very challenging mainstream secondary schools.
- Preferably will have experience of teaching English or functional skills or be an English specialist.
- Strong Behaviour management
- QTS- Secondary
- Special Educational Needs Experience in a care or school setting
- Understanding and experience of supporting/teaching young people with attachment disorders, Mental Health, EBD and challenging behaviour.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn vouchers.
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this role you will need to:
- QTS in Secondary
* Have experience of working with young people or young adults with severe EBD at a school, respite or care setting.
Team-teach or other behaviour management training is ideal but not necessary for the right experience in other related settings
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN Teacher, Or for more information about the role, contact Lottie Dullea on 01173017578/ Lottie.firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.