Tradewind are currently working in a partnership with a Pupil Referral Unit in the Preston area to recruit an experienced Teaching Assistant with strong behaviour management skills to start with them on a full-time basis immediately until July 2019.
This Pupil Referral unit caters for Secondary aged students. You shall be required to work closely with students across Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 in small groups to enhance their learning and academic development. The students you will be supporting may have behaviour difficulties or have been permanently excluded from mainstream school and pupils who cannot attend mainstream school due to medical reasons.
We are looking for:
* An experienced Teaching Assistant with a Level 3 qualification (NVQ or equivalent) in Supporting Teaching and Learning
* Recent experience in a similar setting
* Dedication to making a positive impact with all students
* Knowledge and understanding of working with pupils that have EHC Plans and Social and Emotional Behaviour Difficulties
* Team Teach Training is desirable
As per Department for Education (DfE) guidelines you will need to be able to provide full identification copies and reference details from the relevant experience you have previously gained in this or a similar setting.
This Pupil Referral Unit is based in Preston and is close to motorway links, additionally if you are travelling by public transport there is a bus stop outside the school.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
If you are interested in this position, please apply today with a copy of your up to date CV. For more information please don't hesitate to get in touch on 01772 977 333.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 2nd year running!
£100 - £170 per day
Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire
£60 - £80 per day
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
York, North Yorkshire
£100 - £179 per day + Ofsted Accredited CPD
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£120 - £160 per day
£120 - £160 per day
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.